cute story time: my one friend is dating a boy who is blind and they go for walks everyday and as they walk she describes everything to him and he always says that “she makes everything sound so beautiful, except herself, but one day I’m determined to make her describe herself in the same beautiful way she describes the earth” I’m so
I wanna see a really cool Disney princess who can’t sing. I wanna see this pretty young girl who sounds like a beached whale when she tries to sing “Happy Birthday.” And none of the musical numbers feature her because she doesn’t sing.
But halfway through the movie, she figures out
She can rap like hell
Nicki minaj voices her
I would watch this. Nicki Minaj actually does great voice overs so this is a win
They are fundamentally unsafe for me. In 99% of the cases, their life experience has neither taught nor prepared them for respectful or meaningful interaction with trans* people (I’m leaving the 1% to cis bi, lesbian and gay people, who sometimes do have that knowledge). Instead, society has taught them to alienate us and treat us in a variety of oppressive ways.
I cannot have a conversation with a cis person (and ever moreso with a cishet person) without constantly having to deal with microaggression. This means that when interacting with cis people, I either have to constantly and consciously cede my own opinions and experiences just to be able to go on talking (the proverbial “nod and smile”); or constantly correct and explain things to them, which creates constant conflict. In either case, the interaction is harmful for me.
In the great majority of cases, cis people cannot understand my life, my thoughts, my feelings and my experiences, and cannot even maintain a simple conversation with me without putting me in a state of distress.
Princess of the Stars- (short- almost didn’t make it b/c high school flashbacks but it’s college roomies and it’s short and sweet- and challenges that “girls experiment with girls in high school then grow out of it” thing that people in Japan sometimes think)
Ohana Holoholo: Torino Shino (Saya lives with her bisexual former girlfriend and her son. Nico, an actor living up stairs and a close friend, drops by for a visit almost everyday. Somewhat like family, and somewhat not, a story about their lives)
My Unique Day-Sakamoto Mano (women in an acting troupe together. one shot)
Abracadabra- Tanaka Minoru (a magician and a cute girl dealing with confessing to a girl for the first time)
Octave- Akiyama Haru (seinen manga; a talent manager and a songwriter)
This is by no means an exhaustive list and I know there’s more (one particularly that I wanted to put on here but couldn’t remember the title of) so feel free to add on your favorite adult queer lady manga to the list!
Anyway today I was watchin my main jam, Spider-Man, and Peter Parker’s fighting BONE SAW in the cage match and he’s like “cute outfit! did your husband make it for you??” and when I was 7 that line was hilarious but now I’m like, screw you nerd maybe his husband DID make it for him. And then I started thinking about BONE SAW's cute husband making his tight wrestler's outfit and wishing him a good day at the ring RIGHT as Peter Parker started beating the crap out of him. And I was like, gosh, Peter Parker's being a jackass straight boy rn, I hope something bad happens to him. Then Uncle Ben died and I felt like I went too far